Today is the release day for The Negativity Fast: Proven Techniques to Increase Positivity, Reduce Fear, and Boost Success.
- October 11, 2016: My first book was The Only Sales Guide You’ll Ever Need. This book was a success book masquerading as a sales book, and it was a USA Today and ABA bestseller. The feedback on this book is that it helps readers become better people and better salespeople. This is a great first book for a new salesperson.
- August 8, 2017: The Lost Art of Closing: Winning the 10 Commitments That Drive Sales. In the decline of the linear sales process, this book offers a way to lead clients through the conversations they need to succeed. The feedback on this book is normally expressed as “I make more money.” I attribute this to the ability to gain commitments to key conversations and to the enablement of leading the client.
- November 6, 2018: Eat Their Lunch: Winning Customers Away from Your Competition. As advertised, this is a book about displacing your competitor, something I know well from selling a commodity. There has been a sudden resurgence in interest in this book. It may be because when the economy isn’t great, winning deals means taking them from your competitors.
- April 11, 2022: Elite Sales Strategies: A Guide to Being One-Up, Creating Value, and Becoming Truly Consultative. This book explains why salespeople need to have the knowledge, insights, and expertise to lead their clients. It also describes the value of information disparity. From the first time I explained the concept of being One-Up at the 2021 OutBound Conference, it helped salespeople better understand how to sell in the 21st century.
- September 22, 2022: Leading Growth: The Proven Formula for Consistently Increasing Revenue. This book is a comprehensive handbook for sales leaders and sales managers. The advice here is practical and tactical. Too many sales managers are sleeping on this one. It solves many challenges of building a world-class sales force, one that can generate the net new revenue every sales organization needs to grow.
- October 31, 2023: The Negativity Fast: Proven Techniques to Increase Positivity, Reduce Fear, and Boost Success. This book is unlike the others, even though I can make the case that it will help salespeople, as selling comes with losses, and one can’t afford not to have a positive mindset.
The Negativity Fast
All these books are helpful for salespeople, but I wanted to write a book for a wider audience. There may be no larger audience than one for a book about dealing with negativity. Between pandemics; hot wars in Europe and the Middle East; high inflation and interest rates; the rising costs of housing, energy, and food; and our political divisiveness it is no wonder people are more negative.
As I was doing the research and reading on negativity, I learned just how bad negativity is for your physical and mental health. Between our self-talk, our complaining, our lack of gratitude, our belief that other people trigger us (not true), our traumas, and the negative news and social media, I am amazed things aren’t worse.
Fortunately, there are several simple, practical strategies that can help you reduce negativity and increase positivity. Each chapter of The Negativity Fast covers one of the powerful strategies that can help you improve your outlook on life. But I must confess, the chapters before the instructions of the fast are about how you make yourself negative and how to stop. Without these chapters, your fast may not produce the best result. Through this early part of the book, you will learn a lot about yourself and the true sources of your negativity.
If you haven’t yet picked up The Negativity Fast, I encourage you to buy a copy and read it. It will help you reduce the time you spend in negativity, helping you become more positive, more of the time. If you love the book, please review it on Amazon.com, so we can help more people reduce their negativity.